It was developed by German physician Samuel Hahnemann (1755-1843) in the late eighteenth century. It has a wide and growing popularity in the areas where it is practiced, being funded by some social security systems, as in England, France, India, etc..
Homeopathy emerges as a more benign and moderate mainstream medicine of the time, still based on the Hippocratic theory of humors, whose therapeutic arsenal had bleeding and purging as main weapons.
It is based on the principles of “like cures like it,” the principles of dilution and dynamization. Homeopathic remedies are prepared by diluting a substance gradually and repeatedly shaking the dilution (enhancement or dynamic) from the 12 CH dilution generally reached such a degree that is not even a molecule of the original substance.
Another principle is that it takes decisive symptoms of each patient and compared with the “pathogenesis” or compilation of symptoms of homeopathic remedies and determine which is the best remedy for each individual situation of each patient, for example:
• Bruising caused by trauma or fall are treated effectively with Arnica montana.
• Sprains knees, ankles, lumbar spine among others, are treated with Rhus tox.
• Cold sores, chickenpox, shingles can be treated with Rhus tox.
• States adynamic fever, influenza, typhoid fever can be treated with Rhus tox.
• Tired eyes, sprained wrists or fists, fatigue, trauma to the periosteum are treated with Ruta graveolens.
• Oral thrush in babies, treated with Borax.
• spasmodic cough with nausea, increased salivation, tongue clean Ipecac is treated.
• exogenous poisoning with vomiting and diarrhea, with desire for cold drinks, and anxiety is treated with Arsenicum album.
• Tennis elbow to route graveolens.
Likewise, a patient with anxiety, agitation desire to be together, one with exogenous intoxication with vomiting and diarrhea, another with asthma who improved from 1 to 3 am concerned that improvement with the window open, another patient with herpes zoster with burning sensation, with stirring, another patient with angina that is afraid to die, and this restless, ALL THEY CAN GIVE ARSENIC ALBUM!
As you can see only one remedy can improve, relieve and cure various conditions, this is a unique feature of homeopathic remedies, and this is because to various symptoms and ways of improvement or worsening accurate many “diseases” can be treated.
Already wrote Vijnovsky Dr.Bernardo MD. in the preface of his book. KEYNOTES HOMEOPATHIC MATERIA MEDICA OF THE CODE OF KENT: “The drugs studied only reach 34, but although their number is apparently meager, are the most used in daily practice and represent, obviously, not less than 95% of usual requirements “