Broccoli reduce the risk of skin cancer
The broccoli extract may protect skin from UV rays. According to recent research published in the Journal of the Royal Society of Chemistry Photochemical and Photobiological Sciences, broccoli extract may protect skin from harmful UV rays and reduce the risk of skin cancer.
Researchers at the Johns Hopkins University, carried out a study on the effect of broccoli extract of harmful UV rays and reducing the risk of skin cancer.
* We chose 2 groups of hairless mice.
* Both were subjected to UV ray.
* One group was fed with an extract of broccoli and the other was applied sunscreen standard.
* Mice fed broccoli extract developed 25% fewer tumors than the other group.
* 70% addition to developing tumors were of a size much less than that consumed broccoli extract.
This skin protection should be an active called glucosinolates, which when metabolized by the body becomes isothiocyanates, substances with anticancer properties.
* If these results are confirmed by further studies, the broccoli extract is considered an ally in fighting skin cancer, caused by UV rays.