Health benefits of probiotics
The International Institute of Life Sciences defines probiotics as a live food ingredient and a benefit to health.
Among the health effects as a natural remedy, which is attributed to probiotic supplements are:
– Stimulate the immune system involved in eradicating pathogens and stabilize the microbial environment in the gut flora. It has been found that some of these lactic acid bacteria are capable of preventing intestinal infection and exert antitumor activity by inhibiting carcinogenic chemicals. This work is especially effective defensive Lactobacillus casei.
– Eliminates most unfavorable metabolites and enzymes pro-cancerogénicas in the colon. Therefore help prevent colon cancer. In addition, epidemiological studies have established a correlation between prolonged consumption of foods rich in probiotics (especially lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidobacterium infantis) and a lower risk of developing breast cancer.
– Strengthen the body’s ability to absorb minerals, especially calcium, iron, zinc and magnesium.
– Reduce cholesterol in the blood by weakening its synthesis process.
– Reduce the antigenicity of the diet, so it can be useful in cases of allergy or / or food intolerances.
– Improve the nutrition of the host. And they do producing and facilitating the availability of B vitamins and breaking compounds such as proteins and fats, which then can be better absorbed by the individual.
– Favor the digestion of lactose malabsorption in cases thereof. This effect is due to the enzyme B-galactosidase and secreted by these microbes which is similar to the lactase intolerant individuals lacking this sugar.
– Produce acids that stimulate intestinal peristalsis and reduces transit time of feces. This provides relief from constipation, irritable bowel syndrome and diarrhea (including those caused by antibiotics), and other gastrointestinal ailments.